Membership of CHYPS means that your voice as a Local Authority Head of Service is heard at a national level with Government and other national agencies working with Young People
In 2012 CHYPS has:
- successfully engaged with leading figures of all three political parties in Westminster which included contributing to the Education Select Committee and engaging in the Positive for Youth conference.
- ran a Policy seminar, with partners and officials from the Department for Education to shape CHYPS’s response on Positive for Youth.
- hosted events at all 3 party conferences arguing for the value of young people’s services and the role of the Head of Service in securing these.
- Worked with partners to develop new work programmes and ways of delivering services, including the Self Assessment Tool, Youth Mutuals, and Local Federations and on the development of a Social Impact Bond.
- Undertaken research and surveys that have helped illustrate what’s happening to Local Authority Services maintaining the voice for our services and sends monthly bulletins, with information on latest policy and practice issue
- Supported the organisation and servicing of two regional networks
Full Membership of the Confederation is open to:
- the strategic leads of Young People’s Services within a local authority
- the operational leads of the component services of Young People’s Services within a local authority area (either within the community, voluntary, statutory or private sector)
Associate Membership of the Confederation shall be open to:
- Individuals who are promoting youth work (e.g. regional youth work advisers)
- youth work partner organisations (e.g. Universities, training agencies)
- Former members
- Other categories at the discretion of the Executive