The Confederation of Heads of Young People’s Services (CHYPS), represents the interests and advocates on behalf of all those who deliver, manage and commission young people's services, youth work and are responsible for the effective delivery of all elements of Youth Services. Thank you for your interest in our work - we hope that the web site will provide you with the information that you need.
Benchmarking Services & Supporting Delivery in Education
Thursday 4th July 2013; 10.30am to 3.30pm
(10.00am registration; lunch included)
The Palace Hotel, Oxford Road, Manchester M60 7HA
The seminar provides a platform for policy debate, innovation and good practice in youth and community work, benchmarking service delivery and outcomes for young people. It will consider also how this fits in the broader policy context of schools reform and raised participation age for education and training.
Morning - Benchmarking
Presentations and facilitated discussions for shared practice and innovation, with lead contributions from:
• Alan Smith, Training Agencies Group (TAG)
• Catherine Boulton, New Philanthropy Capital
Afternoon – Education
Guest speakers and discussions on supporting young people’s participation in education, with lead contributions from:
• Olly Newton, Department for Education, Deputy Director for Young People’s Participation
• Mark Carriline, Director of Children’s Services (Bury); ADCS youth lead
Who should attend?
The seminar is for local authority officers with lead responsibility for Young People’s Services alongside invited guests and speakers. Expert contributors will join delegates to discuss emerging themes and issues to:
• hear first hand from lead officials on NEETs, participation and support;
• stay ahead of the curve on what is expected from local authorities in delivery and commissioning of services;
• share ideas and experiences with local authority Heads of Service and sector leaders from children’s services and schools.
The seminar is designed to inform CHYPS policy work which will form the basis of the annual convention in London 4th November, 2013.
The cost of the seminar is £100 for CHYPS members for others the cost will be £125.